Following the launch at the New Economy Conference we wrote a blog piece on why a new incubator is required.
Short-fallings of Conventional Incubators
- Conventional Incubators are not viable in themselves. Instead they act as a business development tool for “side-car” investors trying to pick winners. We think you need an incubator that exists to serve its incubatees.
- Conventional Incubators look for a 1-in-1000 unicorn to repay their many wrong bets. We think you need an incubator that creates businesses of value that go the distance.
- Conventional Incubators looks for exceptional talent. We think you need an incubator for collective endeavours.
- Conventional Incubators function with a top-down approach. We think you need an incubator that harnesses the wisdom of the crowd.
- Conventional Incubators promote returns for the 1%. We think you need an incubator where 1 Member = 1 Vote.
- Conventional Incubators run for 6-months. We think you need an incubator that supports the whole period of development from formation through to operation.
We’ve received some high level support, but we need more.
If on hearing about incubator.coop you want to pledge then please do so here.
If you would like to nominate your group idea for pre-admission to the incubator, do so here.
If you would like to engage Ethical Fields to get an idea that is sector transforming like incubator.coop is then Get In Touch.